Monday, July 5, 2010

Independence Day in the Park

Since the 4th of July isn't a holiday in Spain, Alexis, Jacques and I were lucky enough to have this American holiday fall on a Sunday so we could have a little celebration of our own. Unfortunately a hamburger BBQ was not on the menu, but we did manage to have a nice relaxing family day in our neighborhood park complete with a picnic. Alexis was the designated photographer of the day and he definitely got some great shots, especially of all the flowers in bloom. Not exactly fireworks...but it worked for us. More Papa photos next time...I promise!

Yay! Independence day in the park!!!

Just Me and Mama...

Maybe flowers give firework makers their inspiration?

Which way should I go....?

Showing some tummy while trying to get the hang of this walking thing...

Who knows...maybe next year we'll get to celebrate this holiday with our family and friends in the states. We hope you all had a great Independence Day!

No comments: