1) Tim's first roll. A few days shy of turning 5 months old, Tim finally figured out the joy of rolling over. He quickly became and expert at the back-to-front roll and now gets a lot more self-appointed tummy time. Unfortunately, he's still trying to fine-tune his front-to-back maneuvering and he often needs a little helping hand. Once he masters the return trip, I can definitely see him moving around the room just by rolling, since he has already managed to escape his playmat. We're going to have to keep an eye on this little guy.

We definitely still get more smiles when he's laying down though...especially when it's naked tickling time on the bed.


Besides all of these firsts...Timothee has been keeping quite busy this past month. Here are a few of the things he enjoys right now...
1) Hanging out with the family. Since Timothee is quite an early bird going to bed, he doesn't get to see too much of his Papa during the week...but they definitely make up for that time on the weekends. I'm sure he reserves some special smiles just for his Papa.



4) Exploring. This past month has definitely been about discovering. Although Tim's thumb is still his favorite thing, his feet and ears are close contestants. He is also showing much more interest in all of his toys, especially those that he can put in his mouth. One exception is his musical-moving ball he received from St Nicolas...if I need a good distraction for tummy-time, that's it...


5) Sleeping. Although not quite a marathon-sleeper like Jacques, Timothee has definitely taken a liking to his bed, especially at night. Tim is not a night owl, he really wants to be in bed by 7 and can usually sleep for 12 hours. These long nights seem to give him the energy he needs to stay active and up during the day, because naps are definitely a bit more challenging. I guess that's the joy of having an older sibling, right? Sometimes you aren't near your bed when you want to be, and other times you just need an extra snuggle that isn't possible. Sadly, I can't remember the last time Timothee has taken a little catnap on me, while I still have fond memories of holding a sleeping Jack at 5 months. The good news is that when Tim does need a nap, he'll happily go in his bed without a single word.
2) Tim sitting up. When Tim is not trying to move around, he has definitely developed a fondness for sitting up. I guess after 5 months of being supported, it feels great to do it on your own. He's still learning how to handle this fine balancing act, but if he's in the mood, he can sit there and play for quite sometime (in baby terms that is).
Look at me Mama...no hands!
We definitely still get more smiles when he's laying down though...especially when it's naked tickling time on the bed.
Happy baby...
3) Tim's first tooth. After quite a few months of speculation and lots of drooling, Tim's first tooth finally broke through...and boy did I forget just how sharp little baby teeth are! For now there is just one, but another one is probably on the way since they tend to come in pairs. Lucky for us, Timothee hasn't been too affected by his new pearly whites. Fingers crossed that our happy, smiley baby remains in good spirits.
My teeth are coming!
Besides all of these firsts...Timothee has been keeping quite busy this past month. Here are a few of the things he enjoys right now...
1) Hanging out with the family. Since Timothee is quite an early bird going to bed, he doesn't get to see too much of his Papa during the week...but they definitely make up for that time on the weekends. I'm sure he reserves some special smiles just for his Papa.
My Papa is fun!!!...
Timothee's other favorite playmates are his Mama...and of course Jack Jack. I don't know if this is true for all young siblings, but these two little boys LOVE each other. Timothee's eyes light up when he sees Jacques in the room...and the first thing Jack asks for when he wakes up is Tim. They love to lay on the bed cuddling and sucking their thumbs...and Jack is probably one of the best people at making his little brother smile and laugh. Hopefully this great relationship will last until at least the teenager years!
Taking a break from playing in the snow
Tim loving the cold...
4) Exploring. This past month has definitely been about discovering. Although Tim's thumb is still his favorite thing, his feet and ears are close contestants. He is also showing much more interest in all of his toys, especially those that he can put in his mouth. One exception is his musical-moving ball he received from St Nicolas...if I need a good distraction for tummy-time, that's it...
I wonder what this button does?
I can hear you...
5) Sleeping. Although not quite a marathon-sleeper like Jacques, Timothee has definitely taken a liking to his bed, especially at night. Tim is not a night owl, he really wants to be in bed by 7 and can usually sleep for 12 hours. These long nights seem to give him the energy he needs to stay active and up during the day, because naps are definitely a bit more challenging. I guess that's the joy of having an older sibling, right? Sometimes you aren't near your bed when you want to be, and other times you just need an extra snuggle that isn't possible. Sadly, I can't remember the last time Timothee has taken a little catnap on me, while I still have fond memories of holding a sleeping Jack at 5 months. The good news is that when Tim does need a nap, he'll happily go in his bed without a single word.
6) Reading. Well, the amount of reading in our house has definitely doubled since Timothee has joined us. Jack always gets a story (or 2...or 3) before naptime and bedtime...and now Timothee does too. Considering that Tim can take 3-4 naps a day, it does make for a lot of reading, but the boys love it. Jack is really enjoying re-discovering all of his old board books and short stories from a year or 2 ago, and Tim surprisingly has some patience for long books as well. Although I must admit, he sometimes just sits on the bed next to us and plays while I read.
No comments:
Post a Comment