Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Jacques is 3 months old

In celebration of Jacques 3 month birthday (a little early...but why not), Alexis and I wanted to share some more pictures of Jacques doing the things he loves best during the day.

1) Bath Time! Alexis and I try to share, as much as we can, all of the responsibilities of raising Jack. Since I do most of the feedings (as what comes from breastfeeding), Alexis is in charge of the nightly put-jack-to-bed ritual...which begins with bath time! Luckily for all of us, Jacques has really taken a liking to water and seems to always enjoy every moment. Of course, the most difficult thing for him, is that there comes a time that he has to leave the warm water! But, he quickly forgets about that with all the after bath songs and playing with Papa.

Jaques and his Papa

Jack with his Rubber Duckies

Check out those Big Blue Eyes

End of Bathtime Fun about to Begin

Time with Papa is always the Best Time

2) Discovering all the new fun things around him. Even though he still sleeps more than 18 hours a day (if not more!), he is always the most alert and attentive kid when awake. He loves to look at everything! One day, while having lunch on the terrace, he was mesmerized by a little fly that landed on his pants. While other times, he can look at our curtains or other fun, colorful objects in our apartment forever. Very cute.

What is Jacques watching so intently...his mobile, his Papa?

3) Discovering all of the new things that he can do. Jack really loves practicing sitting up, and recently he has taken to trying to stand up as well...sometimes the kid just won't bend his legs! Below you'll see Jack practicing his new profession as a trapeze artist (he uses his arms and everything). There is also a video of Jack showing us all how well he can hold up his head in the belly position. It takes him a little while to get there, but I'm sure everyone will be cheering him on until the finish. He is getting one step closer to crawling....when things will be sure to get interesting.

Jack Practicing his Balacing Act


Jacques learning how fun it is to play on his tummy

4) Bed Time! As funny as that sounds, Jacques really loves going to bed for the night (naps are definitely a different story). Once the clock hits 9:30, it's off to bed with Jack without a word of complaint. He also for the most part sleeps through the night, with just one feeding at 6am, until he wakes up officially at 9:00 the next morning. This new routine, which has been going on for the last few weeks is all thanks to his new favorite thing...his thumb! I am definitely taking advantage of sleeping now, because I know his schedule can change any day now, and the night-time feedings will return. But for now, Alexis and I are both thankful for the thumb.

Good night Jacques

4 comments:

Alexis said...

it s great, mon amour. this kid is incredible... :)
Cannot wait to see you, two, in a couple of hours.Kisses

Amanda said...

I can't believe how much Jaq looks liks you Marie! (Sorry Alex!) Very cute. I just want to eat him up.

Ti Ti Mandi

Angie said...

He is already so big! And cute...Can't wait to see all of you at Christmas. Nice for you to have a baby that takes after his cousin Karly. She was a good sleeper and always woke up happy. What a blessing.

Gwyneth and Matt said...

Love the photos and videos! Glad to hear he is such a good sleeper!! And I have to agree, he looks a lot like Marie!