Can you believe it? Timothee is 8 months old already! Our little boy keeps growing up, and with each month, he gets more and more of his own personality. All I can say is that Tim knows what he wants when he wants it...and there is very little room for negotiation. We had a feeling that he would be a bit stubborn...and that's definitely the case! It's a good thing that he is usually such a happy, easy-going kid. It makes it pretty easy to forgive him if he wants to skip a nap or 2 or 3.
One thing he has definitely discovered this past month is his voice. He has now fine-tuned a high pitched shriek that is tough to ignore. I'm looking forward to the nice baby babbles... I wonder how many times I have to say Mama before I get him to repeat it?
Here are a few other things going on in Timothee's life right now...
1) Moving...moving...moving. Once Tim mastered the art of rolling, there was really no stopping him. He can now successfully and quickly maneuver around a room (or out of a room) just by rolling, which means one thing...look carefully before stepping, you never know who might be right under foot.
Our little dust mop...cleaning under the couch
Playmat? What playmat?
Oh this one...on your mark, get set....
Tim is slowly starting to tinker in crawling. He can get up on his knees and wobble around for a few seconds before either sliding backwards, going in circles or moving just a tiny bit forward. Needless to say, he usually gives up and just goes back to the roll-roll-rolling. One of these days we'll have a crawler.
2) Laughing. It's so much fun to hear Timothee laugh, and lucky for us, it's really not that hard to get the little guy started. One of his favorite in-house comedians is Jacques. He can't get enough! No matter what mood Tim might be in, somehow Jack finds a way to get him giggling or outright laughing. Get ready to smile...
Un, trois, cinq, six!
3) Cuddling. When they aren't playing or laughing, you can often just find the 2 boys enjoying each other's company. I definitely take advantage of my alone time with Timothee when Jacques is at school, but it's always a pleasure to have him home as well because they are quite good at entertaining each other. Here are the boys enjoying some much deserved downtime...
I love my new pillow...
My little thumb suckers
Jack can be quite affectionate with Tim; he loves to give a kiss and a hug to his little brother before going to sleep. . Luckily for us, most days Timothee is a happy recipient even though sometimes it means getting a wee bit squashed.
4) Teething. After spending a month or so with a nice pumpkin grin, Tim is now proudly sporting 4 teeth...2 on the top and 2 on the bottom. Check them out...
Does this thing spin?
5) Backyard Adventures. Now that the trees are blooming, the grass is growing and the days are becoming just a little bit longer each day...we have no excuse but to take advantage of our beautiful backyard. We spend many hours equipped with shovels and buckets trying to see what we can find (digging for worms anyone?). Timothee is a great sport and has no problem getting his hands a bit dirty as well. He loves playing with sand, dirt, sticks and leaves...and fortunately for us, only rarely tries to put them in his mouth.
Every time Tim and I walk outside, even if it's just to check the mail, he gets the biggest smile on his face and kicks his little feet with glee.
Higher...higher!
6) Reading. Just like his brother, Timothee is definitely a fan of a good story. I'm not sure which one he likes more though...cuddling on his Papa's lap or the book.
Story time!
7) Eating. It took him a few months, but Timothee seems to slowly be acquiring a taste for foods other than milk. He now happily eats some cereal and fruit with his Papa in the morning and a small snack with Jack in the afternoon. I can't say that he has a huge repertoire of food that he enjoys, but I'm sure one day very soon he's going to want to start trying what we're (or at least what Jacques is) eating.
I can't wait to see what next month has in store for us!
I'm 8 months old!









1 comment:
Awesome! Thanks
For the update
Post a Comment