Friday, April 27, 2012

A Tour of Stockholm's Archipelago

This past weekend, we were so fortunate to have 4 of our close Belgian friends come visit us in Stockholm. Alexis and I are now quite familiar with most of the sights to explore in Stockholm on foot, but this was the first time we decided to venture out on a boat with the 2 boys...especially for 2.5 hours.  We figured that now was the time: 6 adults to entertain 2 kids, you can't beat that.  Thomas was definitely the life saver in that sense.  He almost missed the boat, but we had tons of chips and nuts for a much needed distraction.

Stockholm's Archipelago was quite beautiful, especially with Spring just around the corner.  I knew that it was quite populated around Stockholm, but I don't think I was quite ready to see all the big houses spotting the coastline. Sometimes it seemed that the only thing some of the houses were missing were their own private helipad.  Our tour was a good introduction to the archipelago, but I think next time we need to be on a smaller sailing boat and a bit farther from Stockholm to truly experience all the beauty it has to offer.

Jack seeing what he can see...

Our wonderful friends...

A Timothee sandwich!

The Stockholm Archipelago

Pass the baby... Tim and Therese bonding a bit

I can't express how wonderful it was to have Thomas, Therese, Vesna and Michael visit us.  Even though they were getting a mini-vacation from their kids at home, they were constant playmates for Jacques and Timothee the whole weekend.  Jack was quite sad when he had to say his final goodbyes.  For the rest of the day, he kept asking to take a plane to go see "les amis".  I can say that we are all definitely looking forward to our next weekend together.

No comments: